Monday, March 21, 2011

My Thoughts at the Halfway Mark

So that's 50 films under my belt.  True, I haven't been able to do an actual 100 days, but the fact that I've actually watched fifty new films makes me pretty proud.  I don't plan on stopping till I'm done.

There have been some great movies here, and some not-so-great ones, too. 

Here are the top five I've watched so far:

1. Slumdog Millionaire
2. A Face in the Crowd
3. The Fifth Element
4. Spirited Away
5. Mean Streets

And the "Bottom Five," as it were: the films I just didn't care for.

1. The Jazz Singer (1980)
2. Snakes on a Plane
3. Mary Shelley's Frankenstein
4. The Black Cauldron
5. The Day the Earth Stood Still

I'm having a blast doing this, by the way.  I can't wait to see what else is out there!

3 comments:

  1. Terry,
    You've got a good top five there. And I understand your reasoning on the bottom five as well. I saw "The Day the Earth Stood Still" when I was a kid and it did scare me, but more after I realized that it was a Christian allegory rather than the thought of Gort coming after me. You're right that it was definitely a product of the times.
    Besides, Patricia Neal's performance is hammy compared to Keanu's in the remake.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! Where's "The Odd Couple"?
    Are you planning on seeing "Good Will Hunting", or "Swing Blade"?
    Two readers hu?
    Later, mry

    ReplyDelete
  3. Odd Couple *just* missed the cut! Still awesome, though!

    ReplyDelete