Monday, January 30, 2012

It's The Most Wonderful Time Of The Year...

So another long, self-inflicted hiatus comes to an end.  And just in time for Oscar season!  Last year, prior to the awards ceremony, I had seen only a handful of the ten Best Picture nominees, so I wasn't really in any position to offer my opinion on which one I thought should have won.

This year, I aim to change that.

This year, due to some strange, nebulous rule changes at the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences, the number of Best Picture nominees has been determined to be at least five, but no more than ten films.  Because of that, our final tally is nine (which they probably did just to make sure one of those animated films didn't get a nod.  But that's a rant for another time).  They are:

Moneyball
The Help
The Tree of Life
War Horse
Hugo
Midnight in Paris
The Artist
Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close
The Descendants


My goal is to watch them all before the ceremony on February 26th.  Can I do it?  Well...my original goal here was to watch 100 movie in 100 days.  Then it became 100 films in a year.  Due to Real Life happening (as Real Life tends to do), I didn't meet either of these goals.  My track record isn't very good when it comes to meeting deadlines.  But let's just take it one day at a time and see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment